San Francisco Cosmetic Dentist Blog | Dr. James Klim D.D.S.
San Francisco Porcelain Veneers, Dental Implants, Cosmetic Dentistry, Teeth Whitening, Smile Makeovers.
Monday, April 25, 2016
- Single visit onlays and crowns. Since Dr. Klim is able to design and fabricate the restoration immediately rather than sending an impression to a laboratory. You do not need to wear a temporary and return for a second appointment
Patient desired to have amalgams replaced on teeth #2 through #5 to improve buccal corridor alignment.
Prepared teeth are digitally scanned and designed on the computer.
A ceramic hybrid layered block is used to mill out computer designed restoration.
Final restored teeth are ready to "perform and look like natural teeth."
- Metal-free dentistry. Health minded people are increasingly becoming concerned with metal in their mouth (particularly mercury). A CEREC tooth restoration isn't just convenient; it is also the healthy choice. Years ago, dentists had few options when it came to repairing decayed and damaged teeth other than amalgam, gold, and other metals. With CEREC, Dr. Klim uses sturdy, tooth colored ceramic materials to restore your teeth to their natural strength, beauty, and function. These materials closely match the formation of natural tooth structure. This means when you eat hot food and then drink something cold, the CEREC restoration and tooth expand and contract at almost equal rates. So, your tooth does not crack, and you can go on enjoying your meal. Also, the materials are chemically bonded to your tooth, so Dr. Klim can save as much healthy tooth as possible while providing you with a dental restoration that strengthens your tooth. The CEREC enamel-like material is biocompatible with the soft tissues in the mouth and provides a high-grade, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant finish.
BEFOREPatient desired to have broken teeth repaired and remaining mercury fillings replaced to prevent the risk of further breaking more teeth.
AFTERIn one visit with CAD/CAM dentistry, the mercury fillings were replaced and broken teeth restored with enamel hybrid ceramics.
Beautiful Aesthetics — color matched ceramic
BEFOREPatient desired to have gap closed and tooth redesigned to enhance smile zone.
AFTERFollowing whitening treatment, veneer is matched and designed by Dr. Klim using CEREC technology.
- Natural looking smile
- Clinically proven — millions of successful restorations placed world wide.
posted by Dr. Klim at 5:33 PM
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Implant guide for precise placement
- Proper chewing function is restored so you can enjoy foods too difficult to eat with traditional replacements.
- Dental implants will not move or loosen.
- Implants replicate the look, feel and function of your natural teeth.
- No adhesives are required.
- Dental implants have no clasps that cause damage to remaining natural teeth.
- Painful, inflamed gums are eliminated.
- Dental implants improve speech by eliminating or reducing the "fullness" of full or partial dentures.
- Healthy teeth are not "cut down" in order to accommodate the replacements.
- Dental implants help stop the progressive bone loss and shrinkage of your jawbone by "mimicking" the roots of natural teeth.
- Implants are clinically proven, with a success rate in excess of 90%.
Left central diagnosed with root fracture. Patient wanted to preserve the natural look and chose implant tooth replacement option.
Implant placed with labial connective tissue graft to preserve soft tissue profile. Zirconia abutment ready for final restoration.
Creating harmony and matching in a central restoration is the ultimate aesthetic opportunity, particularly with an implant. Thanks to Dr. Paul Tiernan, who partnered in the treatment with implant placement, crafted an incredible soft tissue result. Final restoration was designed by Dr. Klim with CEREC technology and milled from an IPS Empress CAD Multi A2 block.
Incisal and facial cervical characteristics resulted from cut-back and layering with the Esthetic Empress porcelains. The CADStar one-step stain and glaze approach completed the final cervical dentin and proximal framing affects. Patient and doctor are very pleased.
posted by Dr. Klim at 10:39 AM
Monday, February 15, 2016
Do you hate that dark line around your crown...? We do, too.
- Mercury fillings waking the tooth over time by wedging the tooth apart.
- Wedging effects produce fractures, resulting in broken teeth and micro-leakage.
- Micro-leakage leads to bacterial invasion, a cause of recurrent decay and toothaches, which leads to root canals and possible tooth loss.
posted by Dr. Klim at 1:43 PM
Thursday, February 4, 2016
How often do you get headaches?
- Numbness of fingers and arms
- Difficulty swallowing
- Limited movement of the jaw
- Locking of the jaw
- Clicking or grating sounds in the jaw joint
- Pain behind the eyes
- Neck, shoulder or back pain
- Unexplained loosening of teeth
- Earaches, stuffiness or ringing
- Pain or soreness in and around the jaw joint
posted by Dr. Klim at 11:16 AM
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Harmony with Metal-Free Dentistry
posted by Dr. Klim at 4:55 PM
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Another Year of Possibilites
posted by Dr. Klim at 3:54 PM
Monday, November 14, 2011
posted by Dr. Klim at 5:34 PM